I wrote a lengthy post the other day about how to build a Hackintosh, and while everything worked pretty smoothly, the one thing I was missing was iMessage. I’d tried to follow a couple of guides, and while they worked at getting iMessage running, all of them without fail stopped my GPU from responding correctly. After a bit of tinkering, though, I finally managed to get everything up and running. Here’s what I did below (MASSIVE thanks to /u/cobo10201 for getting me 99% of the way there I wouldn’t have even known where to begin without that post).
- Mount your EFI using EFI Mounter v3
- Make a copy of your config.plist and name it config-bak.plist in case something goes wrong.
- Open terminal and enter the following command: uuidgen
- Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator.
- Go to the SMBIOS and paste the UUID you generated in step 2 into the smUUID field.
- In the Board Serial Number field, copy and paste your system serial number and then add 5 random numbers and letters.
- In Finder go to Go > Go to Folder… and enter the following path: /Users/[Username]/Library/Caches delete all files and folders that begin with the following: